Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cheaply Made Toy...

Today we took a trip to the Carnegie Science Center. A generous friend of mine in my playgroup, Burgh Families & Friends, planned a trip today and we got in free because of her membership.  It was a nice time and we were able to stay for only a few hours and I didn't feel guilty because we didn't pay for admission.

On the way out, B begged me for a toy from the science center store, as usual.  Today I told him he had $6 to spend if he chose, since he had this week's allowance and last week's too.  He chose a cheaply made toy, which I tried to talk him out of; however, since it was his money that he had earned, I thought if he chose this toy maybe it would show him how fast you could spend your money and end up with nothing to show for it.

He played with this toy in the car, and when he got home he played for a little bit longer. Next thing I knew, it was broken.  He was very upset.  I knew when he bought this toy that is was cheaply made, but I thought maybe the company should hear what I thought about it.  I looked up the website on the packaging and the company looks like a legitimate one with a lot of interesting and what looks to be quality products.  So, I decided to write them a short note about how this product broke very quickly, and it was poor quality.  Who knows if anything will come out of it, but a short, very professional comment made me feel a little bit better. 

From my experience lately in writing short compliments to companies about their products I use and like, I found that they have responded kindly and send product coupons, sometimes free coupons, for me to use.  I usually don't complain about a product unless I have something legitimate to say... so hopefully something comes out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment