Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

My first day of not spending

So, today marks the start of our strict "No Spend Year".   So far, day 1 has gone well! I don't plan on leaving the house today, so that should make not spending pretty easy.  I just have to resist the online deals, which I am passing along today but hopefully not partaking in!

I started the day by weeding through my coupon stash.  I'll be doing a post soon about where I get coupons, how I organize them, etc, later this week.  I would say about 1/3 of my coupons got pitched (well, recycled) because they expired on 12/31.  So I weeded through the coupons, and filed the ones to be filed.  Now I am going through all of the online deals and my e-mail, printing/sharing coupons, and going through my mail basket / inbox processing the paperwork and looking for coupons.

Today will be easy because I just bought a bit of food at the store yesterday and made a bunch of food for our New Year's party.  We'll have plenty to eat today and tomorrow, so the temptation to order food out will be gone.   I'm anxious to see how my first day back to work will be!

And while I was typing this post... my N key fell off of my laptop!  I wonder how to put it back on...

No comments:

Post a Comment